In this lesson you will upload phone videos into your desktop computer and use them to create an entertaining YouTube video.
24 steps to change phone videos into entertaining YouTube videos
- Plug smartphone into your desktop computer
- After a short while, the names of all of your images and videos will appear on your desktop
- Start recording your desktop screen with ScreenFlow
- Double-click on one of your MP4 files
- Enlarge the movie to fit your entire computer screen
- One at a time, open up all related MP4 files. Record each one of them in its entirety using ScreenFlow
- Use Clip Inspector to speed up some segments of the movie
- Play related MP4 files
- Select clips that would work for the video you wish to create
- Create a background image for the phone videos title page. Select the MP4 file in Keynote & reduce the Opacity to 40%
- Then add a title, select it and display it with a built-in Blast effect
- After you have finished the video from point #9, add the title snipped to the beginning and add free music
- Upload video to YouTube
- (You may not have a YouTube account. If that’s the case, search Google and find out how to create one.)
- If you have good enough videos, people will subscribe to them
- They will likely want to see only related videos.
- So, create a new channel for every different subject area
- Go to YouTube.com/channel_switcher
- Click on “create a new channel”
- Give it a descriptive name
- Give it a description
- Now upload your video to YouTube
- Click File > Publish To > YouTube
- Sign out and sign in again in order to switch to your new channel.
Easy-to-remember web address in 8 steps
- Now let’s change the YouTube video’s complex URL to a simple name
- Copy the URL into your clipboard
- Go to bitly.com
- Click the Create Bitlink button
- Press Cmd V to paste the URL into the box
- Change the last part of the new URL into something memorable
- The example here says “Drone Movie”
- In this example, you would email your family members and tell them to go to bit.ly/dronemovie.
The complex video below shows you how to create a YouTube video video using phone videos. It is best to hit your pause button often while watching it.
Lesson 4 homework
Download a minimum of 2 phone videos into your desktop computer. Use some or all of those videos to create an entertaining YouTube video.
- The title shows up with a Blast effect
- The background image of the title page has its opacity reduced to 40%
- Clip Inspector was used to speed up a clip
- Clip Inspector was used to slow down a clip
- You add free YouTube music use proper audio ducking techniques
- You create a new YouTube channel for your new video
- Your new YouTube video has a bitly address.